Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Snowman Fun!

We like to pretend it's winter here in San Diego.  It did drop into the 30's overnight last week and was "cold" during the day (mid 50's.)  This week we are back up into the high 70's - currently it is 77 according to weather.com.

Yes. 77 degrees in January. Yes, I know most of you are not wearing shorts and flip-flops today. I am sorry.  We have to pretend it's cold during winter so we do lots of "snow" crafts and projects.  It is as close as we get!!

This month we are doing snowman activities and crafts.  Today was our first day after the holidays with everyone here, so today was our first project.

I first saw this snowman craft project from Craftymorning.com and quickly added it to our "to-do" list!  Items I already had around the house.



I wasn't happy when I realized that I was out of glue sticks.... how did that happen? So I brought out the Tacky Glue, which I prefer over regular white glue since it is so much thicker and holds stronger, faster.  A small paper plate and two Q-tips made this toddler friendly.


 I cut out two orange triangle carrot noses, and four black circles for eyes and let the girls put glue on the backs of them . 








They did a great job of figuring out where they should go on the plate.


This is Oldest's completed face.  Two black eyes, one orange carrot nose, and one pink "smile" for a mouth.  Pink because, well, pink it their FAVORITE color!

Next I cut out three small black "buttons", two black boots, and two pink mittens.  I just free handed the boots and mittens, but you could easily google and print out something to trace if you want something less abstract. 


At this point the glue started to go everywhere because Middle really liked using the Q-tips.  She will enjoy the painting project I have lined up for later this week where we will paint with Q-tips.



Ta-da!! We finished, and they look ADORABLE! So sweet and the girls are VERY, VERY excited about their "NO-MANS".








Really this is a very easy, simple craft project that took very little time - and doable even with littles underfoot.  Be on the lookout for a few more snowmen projects this week - Oldest couldn't be more excited for this week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment