Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Glitter Playdough

My moms first grade class needed some play dough for a pumpkin project they were doing this week.  I volunteered to make it for them so I could make a bit extra for us to play with.

My very favorite recipe is easy to make, and makes much less of a mess then other brands or recipes......



Add food coloring to the water, I also added about 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice (mine was from Trader Joes but you can use what ever you have on hand.)
I added a couple drops of Clove essential oil for added scent, but this is optional.

We added large silver glitter to the pan today for some extra fun play dough!

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and stir over medium heat until a ball forms.  Remove from pan and allow to cool.  I usually knead it a bit, but again this is optional.







Once you have finished playing with the play dough you can store in a zip lock bag in the fridge to use again.  I find it lasts nicely for a few days.

It smells yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment