Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last minute New Years Eve Ideas to do with Kiddos.

Just a few hours until the ball drops in Times Square, New York city, to ring in 2015.  Times Square isn't how most people will be spending New Years Eve, unless watching it on TV counts.

I don't have any idea yet what I will be doing.......I am recently single and without plans for New Years. I will either be in bed early and skip the whole thing, or head to a friends house who lives about 8 minutes away. I am good with either plan!

Growing up we usually had a family celebration with a dance contest (It was a sad dance contest considering NONE of us could dance! Think "Elaine" from Seinfeld, only worse........) Mom would make fun celebratory foods & we would scratch off lottery tickets. Then we would do something similar to this.......


Looking back at 2014 & Looking ahead to 2015

At the time I did not enjoy having to sit with family and fill out forms and "dance".  It sure is fun to read them now that I am an adult and don't have the constant changes of my childhood years. 


These are a few other ideas I found on Pinterest that make me want to have a New Years Eve party at my house! Maybe next year......

Balloon count-down with activities inside - you have to pop 
them to find out what you're doing next! 


You don't have to do this at midnight where you are, you can pick a country (or state) and celebrate with their new year.  We did an Australian New Years one year.  All our foods were Australian favorites, we decorated with Australian themed items and celebrated with their New Years. 

Twelve Grapes at Midnight.

This is a favorite of mine......It's a Spanish tradition to eat twelve grapes at midnight.  Brings good luck for the coming year - one for each month. This is what I bring to New Years Eve parties and if it is an adult party I serve them in a glass of Champagne at Midnight.



These are always great fun and easy to make.



You can check out my complete New Years Eve board on Pinterest for more ideas.


Wishing you a very Happy New Years Eve - have a wonderfully safe time ringing in 2015!! See you next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment