Monday, December 22, 2014

Snow Play! San Diego Style.

Day one of Christmas / Winter break.  I have two littles today while their parents are out doing last minute Christmas shopping. We needed something fun & festive to keep us busy this morning.

This is today's project - SNOW! San Diego style.

Ingredients: Easy & Inexpensive


1) Can of shaving cream - this one is from the Dollar store.
2) Baking Soda. I had these small 8oz boxes and used one per child.





Starting with a cookie sheet that has edges, I sprayed about about half (?) the can of shaving cream one each tray. I used just shy of one can for the two kiddos. 






Next I added the baking soda, in small amounts until the mixture was the perfect consistency. It ended up being the whole 8oz box to a half can of shaving cream.





 

I mixed together with a fork, only because I didn't want to get my fingers dirty, ha!



  

Once it reaches a nice powdery consistency, that is still sticky, but not wet, it is time to have some fun and play with!




This is the "sit and stare" stage apparently.  They both just sat and stared and then looked at each other for a good three minutes before they decided to dig in.













This provided over an hour of play time - once they both decided it was ok to get their fingers dirty!  We built "snowmen", and made snow balls.  They also used a spoon to stir, and build "mountains". 

This was such an easy, and fun project for a warm day. We can pretend that we played with snow even though it is in the low 70's today.

I hope you enjoy day one of Christmas break - only three days until Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment